Bridge-in-a-Box is an engineered, pre-fabricated modular steel bridge that is delivered to site in single or double lane configurations and spans from 6m to 24.5m. The customizable Bridge-in-a-Box design is complemented by standard steel posts with W-Beam or Thrie Beam guardrail for low volume roads. The open span ensures exceptional hydraulics with little impact on the stream environment. Bridge-in-a-Box is an ideal solution for rural, forestry, and remote locations, and complies with the Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code (CHBDC) for pedestrian and highway live loads.
A typical Bridge-in-a-Box can be assembled and placed onto the abutments in one day, in all weather conditions, with standard construction equipment. Bridge-in-a-Box offers ease of installation and efficient transportation, generating substantial cost savings.
The most important features of Bridge-in-a-Box are:
- Rapid installation: Speedy installation on site using typical construction equipment
- Economical: Economical option for rural, forestry and remote locations with substantial transportation savings
- Environmentally Friendly: Minimal impact on the local stream environment
- Compliant: Complies with Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code
Bridge of Pioneers
This covered bridge crossing project was a WGI cross division partnership involving Armtec, Behlen, Westman Steel, Meridian and Artspan.
- The pedestrian bridge expands the trail system in the community of La Broquerie and spans the beautiful Seine River. More importantly, it honors the Pioneers of the municipality by listing the names of families that settled the area from 1875 to 1940.
- The colours chosen for the crossing pay tribute to the local dairy barns that are so prevalent in the Municipality.
- Russ Edwards grew up on the family farm located in this municipality.
- The Edwards Family generously donated the bridge and building.
- The bridge abutments, bridge hoist and approach trails/landscaping were provided by the Municipality.